About This Course
The CompTIA 220-902 is the final of a two-course video series (220-901 and 220-902) that aim at familiarizing one with the vital knowledge required in the IT field. Unlike the latter, this course focuses on operating systems and software knowledge crucial to run systems. After completion of this course, one is expected to have the in-depth expertise of computers thus easy maintenance and troubleshooting.
By partaking in 220-902 video course, the student gets a basic understanding of various operating systems and troubleshooting of different software. Additionally, this course arms one with the ethics required in the workspace hence deployment of quality service.
The CompTIA 220-902 is the second of a top rated certification series that familiarizes students with operating systems and software in the current market. Compared to other certification courses offered by several programs, this course shows that you are conversant in the market hence making your skills relevant to most firms.
Even better, candidates only require knowledge on the 220-901 and thus a more comfortable time to tackle various entities of the course. However, prior experience of software and operating systems is a major plus as it offers one a more relaxed time tackling the coursework.
After completion of the coursework, the student will be conversant with all windows operating systems and software compatible with each. Also, one will get an in-depth understanding of partitioning of disks thus organizing disk space to meet various needs of an organization. Also, 220-902 video course imparts one with ethics required in the workplace hence better customer service and relations. As a result of completion, the candidate stands out in the market and thus an easier time to get jobs.
Knowledge and skills students develop
- Windows operating software types and compatibilities
- Other operating software like Linux, mobile operating systems and their compatibilities
- Security management and access management in various systems
- Partitioning of hard drives for various operations
- Software management and troubleshooting
- Operational procedures and code of ethics in the workplace
- Configuration and securing of mobile devices
Requirements for this course
- Knowledge of CompTIA 220-901 is paramount before venturing into the curriculum.
- Understanding on various operating systems and their capabilities is a significant win. This is because one will have an easier time relating to multiple entities in the coursework thus faster grasping of concepts.
- Access to coursework material such as books and examination papers will enable one to have an easier time grasping the content and offer a platform for practicing what was learned in the course.
- Having a course outline is vital as one can correlate entities tackled in the course and over content before the classes hence an easy time covering the coursework.
- Access to platforms with other students and tutors is a significant win as one can get help on the details they have not well grasped hence better results.
- Basic communication skills knowledge to have an easier time familiarizing with ethics that are vital in the workplace.
Examination paper design
- The exam consists of ninety questions testing different knowledge covered in the coursework.
- Questions should be tackled within an allocated duration of one and a half hours.
- Scenario type questions that test one's understanding of procedures required for installation and troubleshooting of software.
- Multiple choice questions that test theory knowledge on the course.
- The course content is available in hard covered books, e-books and video tutorials that contain vital knowledge on the curriculum hence achieving better results in the coursework.
Audience to target
- The certification is aimed at professionals looking to better their skills in the IT field hence getting a more comfortable time winning jobs and more decent salaries.
- The course is designed to help IT, technicians, to have an easier time troubleshooting systems and better relations with their customers. This enables them to provide better service and repair different systems with various operating systems and software.
- Students are looking to venture into other certifications in the IT field.
- People are looking to familiarize with latest operation software and the trending technologies in IT.
- Technical support specialist
- Field service technician
- Desktop support analyst
- Helpdesk support
- IT manager
- Project manager
- Network engineer
- Software Engineer
Individuals with 220-902 certification are expected to earn between $60,000 and $80,000 annually.
The CompTIA 220 is with no doubt the best course for people looking to have the upper hand with IT-related jobs. Additionally, this reduces the struggle with other certifications as it imparts knowledge applicable in various certifications.