About This Course
CompTIA Advanced Security (CAS) 002 is a practitioner certification course designed to optimize the competency of Advanced Information Security standards for IT professionals that are collaborating with outsourcing or any other type of “Third Party Provider”.
IT Professionals with extended knowledge, experience and intuition of Information Security will be trained to integrate their competency, and pass the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) Examination.
Description Of The Course
The course focuses on technical comprehension of designing, engineering and managing core attributes like Risk Mitigation, Confidentiality, Management and the due diligence and care responded against downstream liability of handling and sharing sensitive data or information among two or more organizations collaborating on a joint venture.
This will help professionals achieve successful results in neutralizing security risks and mitigate security or privacy breaches in complex system protocols and internet of things, reforming administrative positions in large enterprises.
The course is based on the authorized objectives of the CompTIA Security. This is a vendor neutral certification that is ideal for experienced IT professionals, with good knowledge of information security across complex enterprise environments.
Knowledge And Skills Students Will Develop
- Reasonable measures of due diligence and due care of Downstream Liability & Information Security when handling and sharing customer information and other data in outsourcing agreements and partnerships with third party providers.
- The CIA Triad — Prevention of security breaches against data corruption and unauthorized modification of information; data classification and implementing complex workflows for information sharing and security.
- Handling and management of common business documents, and documentation processes, along with risk assessment, business impact analysis and Statement of Application (SOA).
- Conceptualize improvements on Return of Investment, against the cost of action for better security, as well as mitigation of any losses or issues, such as data loss, data compromise, repairing cost, productivity loss or revenue loss during outage, as well as NPV and Paybacks.
- Responding to emergencies and incidences, and problem solving especially for unique cases.
- Optimizing technical competencies in using and implementing assessment tools and methods of Port Scanning, Vulnerability Scanning, Cryptographic Concepts and handling Cryptographic Attacks. To represent oneself as a reliable source in managing and protecting information/data for transmission over network/internet sharing.
- Comprehend core solutions for Advanced Network Applications, such as Storage Area Networks (SAN) and Virtual Storage Area Network (VSAN); LUN Mapping and HBA Allocation, Remote Access Protocols, Data Flow Enforcements, Multilevel Security Controls for Hosts and recognizing trusted Operating Systems; Full Disk Encryption, Terminal Services, Input Validation, and monitoring mechanisms and client’s side server processing.
- Conceptualizing WLAN based operations.
- Comprehend Cloud Based Collaborations
- Integrate secure enterprise architecture for secure data flows in evolving business ethics, in terms of data hosting, storage, networking and application.
Requirements For The CAS 002 Practitioner Course
- Having An Existing CompTIA Security Certification, or equivalent experience.
- IT Professionals having Minimum 10 years of experience in IT administration with a minimum 5 year experience, in working with hands-on technical security.
Examination Paper Design
- The duration of the exam- 8 hours
- The exam contains maximum 90 questions
- The exam contains multiple-choice questions and questions called performance-based.
- There’s no passing score: either you pass or fail.
- The price is $439.
The Target Audience
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) course is designed for integration, so it’s ideal for IT Professionals working with Information Security, with a minimum experience of 10 years in IT administration, with at least 5 years of hand-on experience in working with technical information security.
- IT Professionals either working for an organization or as a service provider aiming to develop themselves in the field of Cyber Security and Information Security.
- Security Architect
- Security Analyst
- Risk Manager or Analyst
- Penetration Tester or Ethical Hacker
- Network Engineer
- Technical Support Engineer
- Systems Engineer
The CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Course will be helpful for IT professionals in implementing better relationships and credence amongst organizations and their customers and be ready to face future challenges of evolving security standards of intercontinental and multinational enterprises.