About AWS DevOps Engineer Professional Exam
The AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional exam or DOP-C01 is intended for specialists who perform DevOps engineer roles. The related namesake AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional certification is an outcome of passing such a test and is considered a mark of excellence to showcase your technical skills and experience in utilizing the AWS platform for designing applications.
Overview of DOP-C01 Exam
This test is under the category of professional evaluations, which means you are required to have at least two or more years of job experience in managing or operating under AWS environments before sitting for the actual exam. Also, it is crucial that you have experience in areas such as developing codes in at best one programming language as well as in administering operating systems or designing well-automated infrastructures. In addition, it's beneficial to have a sound knowledge of current developments as well as operations, processes, and methods before diving into the official evaluation. The DOP-C01 exam, in more detail, has a passing rate of 750 points and consists of 75 questions, in which there can be either multiple-choice items, where you have to select one correct answer, or multiple responses, in which two or more correct answers are possible, with a given duration of 180 minutes. To add more, such an exam is available in 4 languages like Japanese, English, Korean, and Simplified Chinese, and will cost you $300 per attempt. What concerns the registration for DOP-C01, you will need to create an account on the AWS website to register for the test. Then, you can schedule your exam either at the testing center or opt to take an online proctored evaluation. The certificate is valid for 3 years so you will need to recertify to maintain your certified status.
Tested Areas in DOP-C01
All in all, the official exam consists of 5 sections:
- SDLC Automation;
- Configuration, Management, and Infrastructure for models as Code;
- Monitoring of Events and Logs;
- Policies and Standards Automation;
- Incident and Event Response;
- High Availability, Fault Tolerance, and Disaster Recovery.
Training and Resources
The vendor provides training and courses to guide you through the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional exam. And if you need additional practice before taking such a test there are high-quality books available on Amazon. So, if you’re currently on the lookout for the best prep options for your forthcoming evaluation, here is a list of resources that will help you ace this exam on the first attempt:
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional: Technology Workbook by IP Specialist. This book is highly recommended for your development of the hands-on skills essential to pass the real test. This workbook, in particular, consists of independently focused technology topics presented to you in a step-by-step approach. In addition, it features scenarios with in-depth explanations and thorough answers to help you comprehend the task and associated technology. For readers to visualize the technology, mind maps are provided as well.
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional Exam Practice Questions by IP Specialist. This material goes in tandem with the technology workbook as it provides 350+ practice questions that will prepare you to keep the exam blueprint in mind by giving a special focus to the necessary topics. In a nutshell, this book is a great self-assessment tool before writing the actual exam.
- You can also read whitepapers written by the AWS team and AWS partners to increase your technical understanding. In a nutshell, there are some whitepapers that can aid you in your DOP-C01 preparation such as Running Containerized Microservices on AWS, Infrastructure as Code, and Implementing Microservices on AWS.
- To add more, the AWS website provides plenty of AWS DevOps videos and digital classes such as Introduction to AWS CloudFormation and AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) Primer, respectively. The video, in particular, lasts for 10 minutes and details the overview of CloudFormation and the cases when it should be used. As for the digital course, it is intended for intermediate-level software developers and is delivered in the English language. In brief, via such training, you’ll get familiar with how to identify the intention of the AWS Cloud Development Kit, how to expound on its main elements, and how to operate with the AWS CDK command line interface. In addition to these, candidates will get enlightened on how to deploy as well as configure an app and how properly to check its functionality.
- The vendor provides you with the Exam Readiness: AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional training as well. This training course can be done via classroom or free digital training. If you want to gain additional knowledge of interpreting exam questions, manage your study time, and practically apply the concepts you will be tested on, this is a course worth taking. What is more, it includes sample questions from each exam topic that will be revised and explained to help you get rid of incorrect answers easily. In addition, the training is always up-to-date and is built by the experts at AWS.
- Finally, you can explore more additional prep courses endorsed by the vendor such as Advanced Developing on AWS & DevOps Engineering on AWS. The two classes are delivered via a classroom mode and the former three-day session scrutinizes architecting for a cloud-native setting and legacy apps while the latter uses DevOps best practices to support apps on AWS and deal with AWS Cloud9.
If you are an IT specialist preparing for development and operation roles, DOP-C01 is the perfect exam for you. Obtaining the AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional certificate not only validates your skills but also helps you to get a better grasp of using AWS. As a result, you can broaden your horizons on the implementation and management of continuous systems for delivery including methods as well as automate controls for security, processes for governance, and the validation of compliance. In addition, getting certified to use the AWS platform will be of use in situations where you might have to create, manage, and sometimes uphold instruments to automate operational procedures while making the platform highly available and scalable.