About This Course
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA+) is a vendor neutral, global cybersecurity documentation that utilizes behavioral analytics to ameliorate the overall structure of IT security. CSA+ further certifies vital skills and knowledge that is needed to detect, combat, and prevent future cybersecurity threats.
Over the years, attackers have mastered new tactics to evade traditional cybersecurity solutions such as firewalls. That being said, an analysis-based approached is becoming increasingly important in the IT security industry to combat these underhand albeit, detrimental methods.
CS0-001 video course covers the behavioral analytics techniques which help learners identify different forms of malware, advanced persistent threats (ATPs), and combat them effectively. This in turn, having watched this video course will result in enhanced threat visibility across the board for a company’s cybersecurity structure.
The demand for CSA+ certified skills is increasing exponentially in the IT security sector. In fact, it is a necessity today for corporate companies to have a reliable department housing superiorly trained IT security staff that monitor and protect all the cyber-security resources within the firm.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) the overall job category pertaining to information security analysts will be the fastest growing; predicting a 37% growth from 2012 to 2022.
That being said, during the course, the individual will be taught on how to comprehend the appropriate security structure for varying enterprise networks and clouds.
One will also get essential skills to tackle the CSA+ exam, and how to pass it effectively by undertaking proper study.
The individual will also be exposed to the necessary skills for correct assessment of the vulnerabilities as well as the threats associated with networking and cloud.
The individual will then be scheduled to take the CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-001) certification exam, and pass it effectively. The test itself is geared towards highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of the individual with regard to specific subjects in the field of IT Cybersecurity.
Knowledge and skills that students develop
- Comprehension of threat detection tools and how their configurations work
- Performance data analysis
- Interpretation of data results for the identification of vulnerabilities, risks, and threats to the organization.
Requirements for the course
- At least 1 year experience in Cyber Security would be recommended
- An individual aiming at advance their understanding in Cybersecurity with regard to CompTIA Focus
- CompTIA Security + Certification or alternative
- Experience in Security Architect would be a plus
Examination paper design
- The duration of the exam is 185 minutes (3 hours and 5 minutes)
- It contains 85 questions based on the different topics learnt throughout the course
- The questions are multiple choice
- The exam is graded at 750 to pass or fail
Course content required to study for the exam is delivered in PDF files.
Audience to target
- IT Security professionals
- Individuals currently working in the U.S. Government, specifically the DOD (Department of Defense) in the IT Security sector
- IT Security professionals looking to increase their skills and advance their careers
- Contractor personnel looking to get an IT Security Certification while looking for work
- Security Architects
CSA+ is developed, updated and sustained by the most skillful IT security experts in the sector. The course content availed to prepare individuals for the exams is derived from extensive industry-wide research, as well as survey feedback on different subject matters.
Cyber Security Analyst. A career in cyber security analysis was ranked seventh in the World’s Report list of the top 100 best technology jobs in 2017. A cyber security analysist earns a median pay of about $90, 120 per year.