About 200-301 Exam
The Cisco Certified Network Associate (200-301 CCNA) is a Cisco certification exam you need to take if you are looking to break into the networking space. Moreover, if you are already a networking administrator, data center operator, or support technician and you want to validate your skills, then this test is for you.
Core Information About the Exam CCNA 200-301
The CCNA 200-301 exam validates that a candidate has the skills required to install, run, and troubleshoot a branch network. It is a fundamental exam for anyone considering a career in IT. Consequently, it tests a broad range of expertise including IP connectivity, network access, network fundamentals, automation, IP services, security fundamentals, and programmability-related skills. Success in this exam leads to obtaining the Cisco CCNA certification.
It is noteworthy that the registration fee for the 200-301 exam is $300. The test runs for 120 minutes and is available in the English and Japanese languages.
There are no formal prerequisites to take this exam. However, before sitting for this test, it is advised that candidates should have a good grasp of the topics that will be tested. Moreover, typical CCNA candidates should have at least one-year experience in the implementation and administration of Cisco solutions, a basic knowledge of IP addressing alongside an average understanding of network fundamentals.
As was said earlier, passing the exam 200-301 by code earns you the CCNA certification that refers to the associate-level. This certification testifies your skills to work with the latest networking technologies. To add more, it creates a solid basement to boost your career to the professional and expert levels. As such it is invaluable for anyone starting a networking career or any career in IT Technologies. The CCNA certified specialists earn from $75,000 to as high as $106,518, according to PayScale. The certification is valid for three years. After then, you will have to be recertified.
Skills Tested in the Exam 200-301 CCNA
Thus, to write this exam every candidate has to demonstrate the essentials of security, automation, and networking. If in more detail, the Cisco 200-301 exam validates your knowledge and skills related to:
- Network Fundamentals (20%): You’ll be tested on your knowledge of the functions and roles of the various network components, identifying interface and cable issues, TCP and UDP differences, and others.
- Network Access (20%): Here, you will demonstrate your ability to configure and verify VLANs across multiple switches, as well as interswitch connectivity, Layer 2 discovery protocols, and much more.
- IP Connectivity (25%): In this part, you’ll be tested on how to interpret components of routing tables and how to configure and verify IPv4 & IPv6.
- IP Services (10%): This section checks your knowledge in configuring and verifying DHCP client and relay, inside source NAT with pools and static, describing the use of syslog features with levels and facilities.
- Security Fundamentals (15%): In this section, you may be asked to describe elements of security programs, remote access, wireless security protocols such as WPA, WPA2, WPA3. In addition, you should be able to determine key security concepts, know the difference between authorization, authentication, and accounting concepts.
- Automation and Programmability (10%): Under this topic, you should prove that you possess the required skills to make comparisons between traditional networks and controller-based networking. You also should be able to describe software defined architectures and controller-based. Moreover, should have skills to explain JSON encoded data and how automation impacts the network management.
To view a more detailed description of each topic, visit the Cisco exam website.
Recommended Resources for the CCNA 200-301 Exam Prepping
To study for the 200-301 exam and score your best, the following courses and resources are recommended:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA) v 1.0 course from Cisco
This course is Cisco’s official training program developed to help candidates prepare for the 200-301 exam. It will help you get a broad understanding of the foundational knowledge required for all IT careers including installing, operating, configuring, and verifying IPv4 and IPv6 networks for small- and medium-sized businesses. You’ll also learn the fundamentals of how to configure network components, manage network devices, and identify basic security thanks to various informative lectures and lab practice.
The course is available in three options: instructor-led, e-learning, and virtual instructor-led. In general, it lasts for 8 days, but depending on the option you’ll choose, you’ll have some days of in-classroom training and some days of self-study. To get the most out of this course, you’ll need to know how to use the Internet, have computer literacy among with some basic skills in IP address, and PC Operating System navigation.
- CCNA 200-301 Official Cert Guide Library 1st Edition by Wendell Odom
This official study guide, written by an expert instructor with many years of experience in the networking industry, will help any test-taker of the 200-301 exam cover all topics such as WANs and IP Routing, Ethernet Virtual LANs implementation, troubleshooting IPv4 Routing, OSPF concepts and more. In addition, when you order this edition from Amazon or CiscoPress, you will receive practice exercises, 2-hour video training, and lab activities in addition to the most up-to-date information.
- CCNA Prep On-Demand program from Cisco
This study guide program gives you access to a CCNA Learning Map which consists of more than 50 hours of useful resources for self-study. The Cisco 200-301 candidates will also receive Cisco’s on-demand recording of the five webinars which are focused on all CCNA exam objectives. Moreover, you can test your knowledge with the CCNA Prep Practice Quiz which has 30+ practice questions. Also, additional materials and resources are available to help you stay on your CCNA certification track. You can easily gain this absolutely free self-study program by signing up on the Cisco website.
- CCNA Certification Study Guide, Volume 2: Exam 200-301 by Todd Lammle
In this study guide, Todd Lammle does a good job of covering every exam objective that could appear in the CCNA 200-301 test. It is an excellent additional resource for candidates preparing for the 200-301 certification exam thanks to in-depth explanations but remained clear at every step. This edition also includes access to the Sybex online learning system, where you can take the practice exams, use electronic flashcards and get a self-assessment test. Besides, this material from the Amazon website provides real-world examples, practical activities, and review questions.
With thousands of people wanting to get into IT Technology careers, getting a well-paying job isn’t easy. However, passing the 200-301 exam from Cisco and earning the CCNA certification gives you an extra edge above other IT hopefuls.
With the study resources recommended above, you’ll be well on your path to becoming Cisco certified and flourishing in your career. So, get the materials for your careful preparation, ace the 200-301 exam and earn a certification that gives you the foundation for a bustling IT career.