About 350-801 Exam
The Cisco 350-801 CLCOR or also known as Implementing Cisco Collaboration Core Technologies exam tests developers' skills in the collaboration technology area. So, if you are looking to take on high-level roles around implementing and managing Cisco collaboration solutions, then you should take this qualifying exam. Moreover, it is a pathway to three certification paths such as CCNP Collaboration, Cisco Certified Specialist - Collaboration Core, and CCIE Collaboration.
The Cisco 350-801 tests and certifies your capabilities in implementing and deploying core networking and collaboration technologies such as endpoints, codecs, and protocols. As a result, succeeding at this exam certifies that you can design, deploy, operate and optimize service provider collaboration technologies and solutions.
In more detail, the 350-801 exam is a 120-minute test with questions in multiple-choice format. To register, candidates should visit the Pearson VUE website and register by paying an exam fee of $400. Consider that the passing score is decided by statistical information and is therefore subject to change.
Skills Tested in the Exam
Even though the vendor reserves the right to change the content of the 350-801 exam, on the official website you can always find a complete list of topics that will be involved in the final test. This outline includes the 6 sections described below and can be the basis for your preparation.
- Infrastructure and Design (20%): In this section, candidates will validate their skills in such core collaboration technologies as design and infrastructure. Thus, related questions will involve configuring and troubleshooting network components including DNS, SNMP, LDAP, NTP, Certificates, TFTP, DHCP, and much more. Candidates will also face questions about the role of Edge devices, key design elements which include sizing, dial plan, disaster recovery, high availability, licensing to mention a few.
- Codecs, Protocols, and Endpoints (20%): Under this section, candidates must prove their skills in troubleshooting collaboration endpoints, SIP endpoints deployment, the configuration of codec negotiations, along with the identification of relevant collaboration codecs. Other questions can cover troubleshooting elements of SIP conversation such as DTMF, SDP, and call set up and tear down.
- Media Resources and Cisco IOS XE Gateway (15%): In this exam part, candidates will get tested in identifying appropriate media resources, configuration, and verification of MGCP, and configuration and troubleshooting of ISDN PRI/BRI. Questions may also come from voice gateway components such as codec preference list, dial peers, profiles and rules of the voice translation, and DTMF among others.
- Call Control (25%): In this section, candidates will get questions on Mobile and Remote Access, the configuration of globalized call routing and implementation of toll fraud prevention, as well as the process of Cisco Unified Communications Manager digit analysis.
- QoS (10%): This part deals with Quality of Service, which includes checking your knowledge of the issues that lead to poor video and voice quality, requirements for these app types. In addition, you should distinguish various class models that provide QoS on a network and understand how the DiffServ values function. You also should be familiar with LLQ, location-based CAC bandwidth requirements alongside QoS trust boundaries.
- Collaboration Applications (10%): Topics and questions under this section are focused on Cisco Unity Connection call handlers, SIP integration options, mailbox, and MWI. In addition, you should be skilled to work with Cisco Jabber, Cisco Unified IM&P protocols, and deployment.
The Associated Certifications
As already noted above, there are three designations associated with the 350-801 exam. All three certifications are valid for three years.
When you pass this exam, you are instantly awarded the Cisco Certified Specialist - Collaboration Core certification. Meanwhile, CCNP and CCIE Collaboration accreditations certify the candidate's ability to handle core collaboration solutions and complex collaboration solutions, respectively. So, by passing the 350-801, you fulfill the qualifying and core exam requirement for the CCIE Collaboration and CCNP Collaboration certification tracks. However, in addition to writing this core test, candidates will need to pass one of five other concentration exams to earn the CCNP Collaboration qualification fully. On the other hand, applicants will need to pass the corresponding lab exam to acquire the CCIE Collaboration certificate.
There are no strict requirements for candidates willing to take this exam. Even as a beginner, you can take the exam if you are proficient in the skills tested. Typical candidates aiming for the CCNP certification usually have three to five years of experience. In comparison, those aspiring to CCIE have five to seven years of experience in the verified knowledge area.
Despite the practical experience, thorough training is the key to success in any exam. Therefore, candidates can use the suggested materials below in preparing for the Cisco 350-801 test.
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Collaboration Core Technologies (CLCOR) v1.0
This is an official Cisco course that lasts for 5 days and can be taken in three formats: instructor-led, virtually with the instructor or e-learning. By choosing the last variant, be ready to study 8 days. The course treats all aspects of the topics and skills tested in the 350-801 exam, combining video lessons and lab practicals as the instruction methods. So, this Cisco training program will prepare you to implement and deploy core networking and collaboration technologies such as Cisco IOS XE, endpoints, QoS, call control, and others. Besides, upon completing this course, you will have acquired new skills in LDAP, Cisco Unified Communications Manager, as well as configuring and troubleshooting collaboration endpoints.
However, to gain all that this training offers, candidates need to know basic computer networking terms, VoIP, PSTNs, digital interfaces, Cisco Unified Communications Manager deployment, alongside converged voice and data networks.
It is also ideal for IT professionals working as network engineers, network administrators, system engineers, as well as candidates for CCNP Collaborations and CCIE Collaboration accreditations.
- CCNP Collaboration Core CLCOR 350-801 Official Cert Guide written by Jason Ball
This edition is the Cisco official guide written by a leading expert to help candidates prepare, practice, and master the skills and knowledge needed to excel in the 350-801 exam. This guide will provide you with practice, review, and assessment that aid you in succeeding and attaining your desired certifications. With the use of evidenced techniques and elements, this resource will guide you through an efficient study content that includes Protocols, Codecs, and Endpoints, Call Control, Collaboration Apps, and much more.
Furthermore, purchasing this guide gives you access to the author through the personalized mentorship videos. As well, practice questions, flashcards for concept drills, and study plan suggestions are additional features that readers will find helpful.
- Configuring Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Unity Connection: A Step-by-Step Guide (Cisco Press Networking Technology) written by David J. Bateman
This book deals with the configuration of the Cisco Unity connection, which is a topic of interest in the 350-801 CLCOR exam section on collaboration applications. David Bateman presents a concrete step-by-step guide to implementing and configuring CUCM and Unity connection. This edition involves solutions and instructions to common post-deployment issues. The author shows the readers how to create better IP voice systems through feature integrations. It will prepare you for deploying, and configuring the Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Moreover, you'll read on enforcing security, configuring regions, defining enterprise parameters, and removing DNS dependencies.
This book also comes in handy for IT professionals who want to configure a Call Manager. At the same time, it covers both the theoretical and hands-on aspects of configuring Unity Connection and Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
In an ever-changing world of technologies, passing the Cisco 350-801 certification exam provides new opportunities for developers to excel in careers in collaboration solutions. However, with the help of our recommended study materials, you will get access to three high-profile accreditations in your portfolio and become a part of the Cisco collaboration ecosystem.