About 300-615 Exam
The Troubleshooting Cisco Data Center Infrastructure exam or just 300-615 DCIT is developed by Cisco to confirm your understanding of troubleshooting processes in data center infrastructure, especially management and operations, networks, automation, storage network, and compute platforms. In more detail, you will be tested on your ability to troubleshoot SAN, LAN, Cisco Application-Centric Infrastructure, Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric, and Cisco Unified Computing System, and so on.
Moreover, successful candidates of the 300-615 exam are awarded a Cisco Certified Specialist - Data Center Operations certificate and have a shot at the CCNP Data Center accreditation track.
Certifications Associated with 300-615
As already noted above, qualifications awarded after passing exam 300-615 are Cisco Certified Specialist - Data Center Operations and CCNP Data Center. Both these certificates are valid for three years.
Cisco Certified Specialist - Data Center Operation is a specialist-level designation awarded immediately the applicant passes the Cisco 300-615 exam. Whereas passing the aforementioned exam is only a partial fulfillment of the requirement for the professional-level CCNP Data Center certification. To fully qualify for the CCNP Data Center accreditation, you need to write the 350-601 DCCOR core exam that verifies your skillset with data center solutions. Other concentration exams under CCNP Data Center designation are 300-635 DCAUTO, 300-625 DCSAN, 300-620 DCACI, and 300-610 DCID. Each of these tests also comes with specialist certifications in their specialized technology areas.
Main Exam Details
The Troubleshooting Cisco Data Center Infrastructure test is 90 minutes in duration and is accessible online from anywhere through Pearson VUE, but Cisco recommends that you take it from home or the office to avoid distractions. At the same time, this proctored exam consists of multi-choice questions in English only and costs $300 to register.
Moreover, to prepare for the Cisco exam by code 300-615, you can take the official Cisco course titled “Troubleshooting Cisco Data Center Infrastructure (DCIT)”. Thus, while preparing for and writing this test, you will acquire and get better at the tools and methods required to locate and fix data center infrastructure problems.
300-615 Exam Domains
It is important to understand that preparation is the foundation of your success on the final test. Therefore, the vendor provides each candidate with the opportunity to study a complete list of exam questions that may be encountered.
- Network: This section covers 25% of the 300-615 exam. In this section, you will need to prove that you can locate and solve issues with Application Centric architecture, as well as overlay, switching, and routing protocols. Specifically, the exam checks your understanding of external connectivity, packet flow, tenant policies, virtual machine manager domain integration, access policies, and fabric discovery under application-centric infrastructure. Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV), and Ethernet VPN(EVPN) - Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) as overlay protocols that will come out in the exam. Candidates should also know about switching protocols comprising vPC, LACP, and RSTP+. Lastly, learn about First Hop Redundancy Protocols (Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol and Hot Standby Router Protocol), Protocol Independent Multicast (PIM), Multiprotocol-BGP, OSPFv3, and OSPFv2.
- Compute Platform: This section also takes up 25% of the exam and concerns troubleshooting in compute platforms, including firmware interoperability, packages, and update, hardware interoperability, the flow of packets from the server to fabric, Cisco Unified Computing System blade chassis along with Unified Computing System rack servers. It goes in-depth by probing your knowledge in fabric interconnects, FEX and I/O modules, firmware, and Converged Network port expanders and Adapters. This section about compute platforms also covers server boot and pools policies, storage (templates, policies, pools, VSANs, FC zoning, SAN connectivity), network (QoS, templates, policies, pools, and VLANs), and data center infrastructures like IOM, power, and chassis.
- Storage Network: Covering the exam at 15%, this section may test your knowledge in troubleshooting FCoE Cisco Unified Fabric, and Fibre Channels in general. In detail, questions may come from topics such as virtual storage area network (VSAN), N-Port Virtualizer (NPV), N-Port Identifier Virtualization (NPIV), device alias, zoning, Fabric Services by Cisco, FCID, Fibre Channel buffer credit starvation, and initialization of switched fabric.
- Automation: Under this domain, some questions may come from finding and solving problems in programmability, scripting, and automation tools. It goes further to test your grasp of XML and JSON encodings, representational state transfer (REST) application programming interface (APIs), guest and bash shell for NX-OS, scheduler, and embedded event manager (EEM). As a result, this area covers 15% of the exam questions.
- Management and Operations: To scale through this section, candidates will need to learn about troubleshooting network and storage security, data center compute security, ACI role mapping and security domains, centralized management integration, and firmware interoperability, packages, and upgrades. It takes your thoughts deeper into those data center subjects by presenting questions about fabric binding, port security, AAA and RBAC, CoPP, first-hop security as well as fabric port security and binding.
At the same time, the knowledge areas of test 300-615 DCIT listed above are simply guidelines for your exam preparation. These topics should only serve as a help for your research and study. So, due to industry demand and data, related subjects not mentioned here may form some questions of your 90-minute exam.
In the issuance, there are several benefits to taking this Cisco exam and earning the associated certifications. For one, the accreditations give you better bargaining power with clients who need professional-level data center architecture solutions. The certificates also act as a stamp of authority on your portfolio for employers and recruiters. Consequently, when it comes to job applications, hiring managers will rank you ahead of other job candidates.
Promotions at work and a salary increase will usually come after your new certification. Thus, you can get promoted to senior roles in solutions architecture, systems engineering, and network designing, and network management. According to data on the Payscale.com website, the average salary of IT professionals with CCNP Data Center certificates is around $96k. Moreover, after receiving your CCNP accreditation you can test your strengths on the CCIE lab exam to receive an expert-level certificate in your technology area.