About 350-601 Exam
The Cisco 350-601 DCCOR exam aims to test and certify IT professionals in data center technologies. Thus, it targets professionals working in roles surrounding the security and automation of data centers. Moreover, this accreditation exam potentially leads to three certifications: Cisco Certified Specialist - Data Center Core, CCNP Data Center, and CCIE Data Center.
Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies with exam code 350-601 DCCOR validates candidates' skills in execution, optimization, operation, deployment, and designing data center solutions and technologies. Cisco doesn’t publish the information concerning the passing score because the minimum is subject to change without notice.
Anyway, you should complete this test in 120 minutes. Moreover, to register, you'll need to visit the Pearson VUE site and make a payment of $400 to obtain an exam voucher.
The Associated Certifications
As already written above, the 350-601 is associated with three designations. So, upon passing 350-601, you instantly get Cisco Certified Specialist - Data Center Core certified.
To become entirely CCNP Data Center certified, candidates need to excel at the 350-601 as a core exam and any of the five listed concentration tests associated with their area of specialization. This professional level certification proves your skill set in data center solutions.
However, for CCIE Data Center qualification, along with the 350-601 test candidates need to pass a practical lab exam covering the complicated data center network lifecycle. Thus, it certifies your skills with more elaborate data center solutions.
There are no strict prerequisites for taking exam 350-601. Cisco does advise that you have a proper grasp of the exam topics before attempting the test. At the same time, typical candidates for CCNP accreditation have between three to five years of experience, while those for CCIE designation have five to seven years of experience in their associated technology area.
Skills Tested in the Exam
In line with the exam's objective to certify that you are proficient in data center technology skills, you should be familiar with the main topics that may be encountered on the test.
- Network (25%): Sub-topics under this area include network assurance, infrastructure monitoring, network configuration management, software update processes, and their impact. Others are cloud deployment models and service, packet flow, ACI concepts, overlay protocols, switching and routing protocols.
- Compute (25%): To excel in questions under this topic, candidates should learn about the implementation of Cisco Unified Compute System (UCS) Blade Chassis and Rack Servers. Also, applicants must be familiar with HyperFlex Infrastructure Concepts and their effects on C-Series and B-Series servers. Other sub-topics include management of compute configuration and the implementation of infrastructure monitoring.
- Storage Network (20%): Under the next category, you can face questions regarding Fibre Channel, FCoE Unified Fabric, NAS and NFS concepts, software update procedures and their impact, as well as infrastructure monitoring. Moreover, you may encounter questions about VSAN, device alias, and port channels.
- Automation (15%): According to this exam part, you should study orchestration and automation technologies like PowerShell, Python, Puppet, and Ansible, to mention a few. Also, check out the implementation of scripting and automation tools, including XML and JSON encodings, REST API, Scheduler, EEM, and many more.
- Security (15%): The final knowledge area covers sub-topics like the application of storage security, compute security, and network security. Therefore, you may come across questions relating to fabric binding, port security, RBAC, and AAA.
Study materials for the 350-601 exam are abundant and can respond to each candidate's demand. However, the resources offered below are the best of study tools and they are sure to help put you closer to your goal of acing the 350-601 this Cisco exam,
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (DCCOR) v1.0:
This course is an ideal preparation program for Network and Data Center professionals sitting for exam 350-601. It will take you through the capabilities and skills needed to implement SAN and LAN infrastructure, data center compute. Students will also be taught to understand the rudiments of data center security and automation.
Also, you will engage in practical sessions of the deployment, security, operations, and maintenance of Cisco Data Center infrastructures such as Nexus and MDS Switches, Cisco UCS C-Series Rack Servers, and B-Series Blade Servers.
At the end of this training course, you will have gained sufficient knowledge about storage infrastructure, compute, security, network automation, and implementation of Data Centers. You will also be familiar with enterprise-level Cisco learning technologies, software, and equipment for a data center.
- CCNP and CCIE Data Center Core DCCOR 350-601 Official Cert Guide written by Firas Ahmed, and Somit Maloo:
This Cisco certification guide from leading data center experts is a proven recommended course-of-action for preparing to take the 350-601 DCCOR exam. That’s why, it covers topics such as security, automation, storage network, compute, and network.
Furthermore, its distinctive feature is quizzes at the beginning of every chapter that you can take to assess how much you know about the following chapter. That way, you spend less time going over what you already know and more studying what requires your focus. It also uses end-of-chapter questions to help you access what you’ve learnt from the preceding chapter content and which topics you’ll need to put your attention to.
To get a feel of what you'll benefit from engaging with this prep material, you can check out the sample chapter pages and the table of the content found on the Cisco Press website. The premium version comes with Pearson practice tests and over two hours of personalized video mentoring from the authors, and four practice exams. You can also track your progress and receive feedback to allow you to focus on where your attention is most needed.
- Implementing Cisco UCS Solutions - Second Edition: Deploy, manage and automate your data center written by Prasenjit Sarkar, Farhan Nadeem, and Anuj Modi.
This book targets storage, network, and system administrators who deploy Cisco UCS. Therefore, to grasp the knowledge in this book, readers will need basic knowledge of storage, network, and server architecture technologies.
Candidates for 350-601 can use this edition as an additional study resource to get knowledge on lab setup with Cisco UCS Emulator. You will know about SAN, LAN, and UCS connectivity configuration, creation and management of service profiles, and task performance using UCS. As well, you'll be able to back and restore UCS configuration, testing scenarios in Cisco UCS, and the automation and management of multiple domains. When you’re through with this book, you will know how to use Cisco UCS to automate data center processes, eliminate time-consuming tasks and configure Cisco UCS server profiles.
As you already understand, the 350-601 DCCOR exam and its associated Cisco certifications give Data Center professionals extra leverage in the IT industry. Having even one of them proves that you are able to undertake complex Data Center projects, alongside the confidence to apply for advanced-level jobs and in your specialization and therefore earn higher than your peers. So, use the given recommendations and prep materials, and excel on your first attempt.