About 200-901 Exam
Exam 200-901 DEVASC is what you’ve looking for if you have been wondering how to launch a career in network automation or software development and you don’t know where to start. Taking this exam is ideal not only for network automation engineers but also for network designers, infrastructure architects, and system integration programmers. After passing it, you’ll be granted the Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification.
Technology in software and IT infrastructure is growing, changing, and becoming more interrelated. Thus, developing software that solves modern business problems and implements processes would require a new set of skills and knowledge. And the Cisco 200-901 exam-related certification validates your adeptness in the related skill areas.
About the Cisco DEVASC 200-901 Exam
For this exam, there are no formal prerequisites. However, the ideal candidate has at least one year of experience in software development and some knowledge in Python Programming.
The Cisco 200-901 aims to test your knowledge of software design and development. Therefore, it assesses your ability to use APIs, Cisco platforms, automation, infrastructure, app development as well as security.
The exam lasts for 2 hours and will cost you $300. The 200-901 supports remote certification and so you can take the exams online, like most of Cisco’s exams. To register, simply visit the Pearson VUE website.
Related Cisco Certification Overview
As it was mentioned, passing the 200-901 exam leads to the Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification, an industry-recognized certificate that’s sure to open you up to more job opportunities. By becoming a Cisco DevNet Certified specialist of the associate level, you would prove to recruiters that you are skilled in the development and maintenance of applications built on Cisco platforms. Moreover, from the process of preparation to 200-901 exam, you would have gained the knowledge and increased your industry reputation.
As with other Cisco associate certifications, the Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certificate is valid for just 3 years. After this, you will have to get recertified.
As to be noted above, to pass the Cisco 200-901 every candidate should have a sufficient knowledge base for basic network app use as well as the implementation of workflows across collaboration, security, computing infrastructure, and network. Thus, the exam objectives provide the details of what you need to know and be able to complete in other to pass the Cisco DevNet Associate certification exam. Here’s a synopsis of the topics and skills on which candidates are tested:
- Software Development and Design (15%): Here, candidates will be tested on how to compare data formats such as JSON, YAML, and XML and software development methods, which include lean, agile, waterfall. You’ll also be tested in your ability to use common version control operations through Git.
- Understanding and Using APIs (20%): According to this question section you have to understand what are Application Programming Interfaces and how to use them including common HTTP response code and troubleshoot a problem using it, how to utilize API authentication mechanisms and styles.
- Cisco Platforms and Development (15%): In other words, you should describe the capabilities of the Cisco network management platforms, collaboration platforms, compute management platforms along with APIs. In addition, you should be able to construct code for specific operation performance.
- Application Development and Security (15%): In this section your skills in the construction of a Python unit test, identification of the application deployment modules will be tested. Also, you should be able to use Docker images, define the principles of DevOps practices, and be ready to describe the OWASP threats.
- Infrastructure and Automation (20%): In this part, you’ll be tested on your interpretation of a unified diff, basic YANG models, results of a NETCONF or RESTCONF query, etc. To add more, you should be proficient in describing the capabilities of automation tools (Cisco NSO, Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- Network Fundamentals (15%): Here, you may be asked to describe the usage and purpose of MAC and IP addresses, VLANs, basic network topology diagram, the functionality of IP Services, and network constraint impacts on apps.
Exam Preparation Materials
Exam 200-901 requires from you a serious prep process, that’s why find the best resources for you to choose.
- Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Core Platforms (DEVASC) from Cisco
This course is double-edged in the sense that it will help you prepare for the Cisco 200-901 exam and roles as an associate-level network automation engineer. So, upon successful completion, you will have gained an understanding of the foundations of automation, applications, and Cisco platforms. You will have also learned how to harness the network to use applications to solve business needs. The program gives you an active learning experience by providing solutions to real-world problems using Cisco APIs.
Besides, when you take this course, you’ll earn 48 CE credits which can be used for recertification after 3 years. Moreover, it is available in three modes: E-learning, Instructor-led training, and virtual instructor-led training. But the duration is typically 8 days for all training formats.
- Cisco Certified DevNet Associate DEVASC 200-901 Official Cert Guide by Chris Jackson, Jason Gooley, Adrian Iliesiu, and Ashutosh Malegaonkar
This official guide has solid coverage of every topic that will be assessed and tested in the Cisco 200-901 exam. What makes this study guide special and reputable is that it was developed by Cisco technical leaders who are in charge of Cisco training. So you’ll be getting your information directly from the source. Furthermore, it includes practical examples that are useful for you to gain a more hands-on experience with those topics as using APIs, Python programming, security, deployment, and Network fundamentals.
To get access to this study guide, you can check out Cisco Press or Amazon and purchase it.
- Understanding and Using APIs: Cisco DevNet Associate (DEVASC) 200-901 V1.0 Exam by Muhammad Afaq Khan
If you’re taking the 200-901 exam and you’re not well versed in your understanding of APIs as well as their uses, then you should get this book as an additional resource. The author Mohammed utilized his vast experience working at Cisco and Fortune 500 companies in ensuring that you get the best out of this book.
The book topics are organized according to how they are structured for the Cisco 200-901 exam. It matches the expected all topics in-depth, layout, and content. When you are done with this guide, you’ll be able to understand Data encoding formats and how to use them. You’ll also gain knowledge on the identification of constraints when using APIs. Moreover, you would be able to build an understanding in the identification of the parts of an HTTP response. Additionally, after you purchase this edition, you’ll get access to a DevNet Associate quiz on Full Stack Networker to polish your skills and get the desired result on the final test.
As businesses develop, your potential or current employers would want you to be able to handle what’s coming. Thus, certified specialists are very valuable in the IT environment. And thanks to the 200-901 exam and the Cisco Certified DevNet Associate certification, you will establish yourself as a promising professional and stand out from the crowd. All you need to do is set a date for the exam and spend enough time and effort to prepare diligently using the recommended study materials. This is the key to your success.