About This Course
CompTIA 220-901 is the first of a two series video courses (220-901 and 220-902) required for completion of the CompTIA association. By partaking in this course, the learner will be well conversant with software and utility paramount for systems to operate. The course serves as a foundation for IT certifications as it familiarizes the learner with systems and enables them to troubleshoot problems and rectify them for appropriate operation.
Additionally, this acts as a gateway to other certifications and enable the candidate to win jobs in various companies as it is an assurance of competence. Furthermore, the course relays vital information on networking thus allowing you to fix errors with networks and connections.
The CompTIA (computing technology industry) 220-901 is an affordable course aimed at arming one with vital information to becoming a certified technician who is well conversant with all computer operations. By learning 220-901 video course, a learner can pinpoint troubles in various systems and restore the systems to operate appropriately. Additionally, one can analyze behaviors of systems and networks hence troubleshooting any errors with ease.
As a result, students who successfully pursue this course can set up cyber security as they can set up passwords to regulate access to various entities. Also, candidates can test and manage vulnerabilities in encrypted files to ensure that no one accesses them without authorization.
After the completion of this course, one will be well conversant with hardware of various systems. As a result, fixing broken systems will be an easy deal as they will be able to apply core concepts of the course and restore operations to their ideal state. Additionally, the course enables one to set up wired and wireless networks and ensure that the system operates well without any problems. This also includes necessary hardware required to run systems that are of high standards. As a result, one has a smoother time in the market as they will be able to offer secure customer service and be able to manage systems of different kinds.
Knowledge and skills students develop
- Configuration and troubleshooting of networks.
- Basic hardware vital to systems, and how to troubleshoot hardware issues.
- Methods of installation, configuration, and maintenance of hard drives.
- Configuration, password management, and authorization.
- Troubleshooting of encrypted entities and penetration testing for access control.
- Mobile devices and the vital operating systems required for the efficient running of systems.
- Compatibility testing of various hardware with systems.
- Management of input devices and removable media.
- Requirements for this course.
- To have an easier time grasping concepts in this course, it would be an added advantage to have prior knowledge of operating systems.
- Basic computer knowledge to enable one easily maneuver systems for secure networking.
- Access to learning material for a natural understanding of the coursework and faster grab the vital concepts of the course.
- Access to practice material and past papers for faster grasping of basic knowledge of 220-901.
- Course outline to plan for the next lessons in advance and correlation of the various units of 220-901.
- Access to practice platform to have a better understanding of practical details learned during class time.
The information on this course is available in the form of PDF hard copy books and e-books. Also, numerous tutorials are available online thus enabling the candidate to quickly find information thus better results at the end of the coursework.
Examination paper design
- 90 questions to be tackled within ninety minutes.
- Drag and drop questions may be tackled in the paper.
- Multiple choice questions will be featured in most cases.
- Multiple choices answers to choose between.
Audience to target
- This course is aimed at candidates looking to tackle the 220-901 exam or peer in the 220-902 certification.
- Practicing or amateur technicians looking to deploy outstanding services and earn a decent salary.
- Employees whose field is dependent on IT hence arming with skills applicable to the current market.
- Students are looking to have the latest trends in IT technologies to have the upper hand in the job market.
- Project managers
- System technicians
- Network administrators
- IT managers
- Hardware engineer
- Technical support engineer
Candidates certified in this course are expected to earn a salary ranging between $53,000 to $89,000 on an annual basis.
For people looking to arm themselves with vital IT knowledge applicable to the current job market and have an easier time winning jobs, the 220-901 certification is unarguably the go of course. This course imparts knowledge that is required for all IT certifications thus giving them a more relaxed time handling other certifications.