About 220-1001 Exam
The CompTIA 220-1001 exam is one of the requirements for obtaining the CompTIA A+ certification. It is the first step to make on the path to validating your beginner-level skills in all the core IT technologies. To get A+ accredited, applicants also need to pass 220-1002 exam.
The Audience for the CompTIA 220-1001 Certification Exam
The individuals who are interested in taking 220-1001 test are those who want to develop the right skills to become problem solvers. Once they pass this exam and get closer to the CompTIA A+ certificate, they can offer support to their stakeholders in using cloud technologies or data management.
220-1001 exam usually targets service desk analysts, data support technicians, help desk tech specialists, and desktop support administrators. If you are working in a position of technical support specialist, end user computing technician, or help desk technician, then you will find it very useful for your career development too. Finally, the exam will be beneficial for field service technicians, associate network engineers, and system support specialists aiming to learn how to troubleshoot different operating systems and configure them to improve their business performance. Note that the vendor recommends that the applicants should have between 9 to 12 months of practical expertise in the field or lab.
CompTIA 220-1001 Exam Structure
As for the exam’s structure, the candidates should expect to receive a maximum of 90 inquiries that are diverse and quite difficult, making sure candidates are well-prepared and are able to demonstrate the skills obtained during training. Therefore, when you take the CompTIA 220-1001 exam you will find both single and multiple-choice questions along with drag and drop and performance-based items.
When it comes to the exam duration, you will have 90 minutes to solve all the tasks. And as for the passing score, the candidates should do their best to obtain a minimum of 675 points out of 900. Besides, the test is available in English and many other languages, such as German, Portuguese, Japanese, Spanish, and Thai. The registration process can be done using the Pearson VUE platform, and the applicants should pay an enrollment fee of $232.
Topics Tested in CompTIA 220-1001 Exam
The CompTIA 220-1001 exam validates the candidates’ skills in the following areas:
- Ability to configure and install different mobile devices, knowledge of their characteristics, and the concepts of app support and network connectivity
- Getting solid knowledge on the fundamental concepts related to networking technology, including networking hardware devices, different wireless networking protocols, and proper tools
- Configuring and operating different hardware systems, defining connector types, setting up storage devices
- Becoming proficient in virtualization as well as offering support and understanding how cloud computing works
- Configuring and troubleshooting different network systems and hardware, including the knowledge of best practices
Training Materials for CompTIA 220-1001 Exam
You can excel in the CompTIA 220-1001 exam if you take training extremely seriously and explore different preparation alternatives. Below, you can find some examples:
- CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) Certification Study Guide
This is the official study guide designed by CompTIA to help the candidates for 220-1001 exam be successful from the first attempt. This guide is available in two formats. Thus, the candidates can choose between paperback and ebook options. In case they choose the printed version, then they will pay $99 while the digital edition has a price of $89. Regardless of its form, the material helps one to develop the following skills:
- Installing and configuring peripheral devices and PC system components
- Installing, configuring, and troubleshooting multimedia devices, displays, and storage devices
- Explaining how different network infrastructure concepts work
- Configuring and troubleshooting different network connections
- Implementing client virtualization
- Supporting and troubleshooting mobile devices, laptops, and print devices
As for the prerequisites, the vendor recommends that the applicants should be familiar with using Windows, PCs, and web browsing. They should also be able to recognize immediately the main components that form a PC system as well as understand how the DVD and USB drivers function. Another recommendation would be to know about starting a computer and navigating an operating system desktop. The candidates for this exam should also be able to properly use Windows Explorer and know how to manage sites as well as use a web browser to view different websites.
- Instructor-led Training for CompTIA A+ Certification
The instructor-led training is another preparation resource offered by the vendor. The available classes can be found on the official site and they are dedicated to both the tests necessary for obtaining CompTIA A+ certification. As the course focuses on the topics included in both exams syllabus, this training resource becomes very useful for any candidate who wants to pass CompTIA 220-1001. The program includes the following:
- Guided sessions and hands-on labs for 20 days
- Vouchers for the candidates who want to take the CompTIA 220-1001 and 220-1002 exams, plus free retakes
- Comfortable schedule from Monday to Friday
The price that the applicants need to pay for this bundle is $3,999. The classes are organized by skilled CompTIA trainers who are open to sharing their expertise in how to troubleshoot and handle different issues related to operating systems and networking.
- CertMaster Practice for A+ Training
This practice tool is an important online training resource that will help the candidates prepare for the CompTIA 220-1001 exam. It follows a question-first adaptive design to help the examinees check their preparedness status and understand which topics they need to focus on. This study tool offers a unique combination of certification training, e-learning, and knowledge assessment, together with using real-time analytics. With the help of this online course, the test-takers will have the opportunity to learn fast and gain the necessary skills to remember the information related to CompTIA 220-1001 in the long-term. The price that the applicants need to pay for this online tool is $129.
Gaining the necessary skills for the CompTIA 220-1001 exam is not complicated as long as you have the right preparation materials by your side. You should start by carefully reading the exam’s blueprint and understanding what’s expected from you. The next step is to explore the training tools offered by the vendor and choose the ones that work with your training style best.